L'insouciance est le seul sentiment qui puisse inspirer notre vie et ne pas disposer d'arguments pour se défendre.
-- Françoise Sagan

Monday, August 02, 2010

Internship day20-Romanian.

About language.

I learn a lot in my 20 days.
Ade said I learn fast.
I said that's because they are like français.

But in fact, it's not the answer, for the words I know and the sentences I learned are nothing close to français.
Most of the reasons come from Jose, the guy from Porto Rico.
He knows español, german, français, english, italian.
And he i so much eager to learn more.
I admire that attitude, a lot.

So, this is one of my expectations here.
I want to learn roman as much as I can, even just to a poor a level.
I want to help those who speak roman in their whole life.
I want to ask for direction from those who have learned englez but not yet willing to speak out.
But most important of all, I would very much like to add language element to my nonverbal interaction with the kids.


Yesterday on the little bus coming back from Suceava, the old woman sitting next to Janet talked with her.
She was curious about us, our culture, religion, and why we were here.
She spoke some englez. She asked where do we live in Iaşi.
Janet answered that we rent the apartment.
She didn't understand. Jose didn't know the word in roman.
The lady said sorry that she doesn't understand much englez.
Jose said,"nonono, we feel sorry that we couldn't speak romanian."


Yes we are here. So we do as much as we can to adopt ourselves.
Now even to people around me, I start to say short phrase in roman.
I like that, a lot more than I thought I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film list 2019

What men want Aladdin X men Dark Phoenix Glass The Lion King Artemis Fowl Searching Gran torino Venom Aloha Bad Times at the E...