L'insouciance est le seul sentiment qui puisse inspirer notre vie et ne pas disposer d'arguments pour se défendre.
-- Françoise Sagan

Monday, March 09, 2015

kl1. 律師事務所複製貼上實習第一天

Hard to say a day like this is especially remarkable or, outstanding.

I woke up around five, then around seven, then around seven forty eight.
It was not a sunny day, as yesterday.
I turned on Spotify.
I dressed, as prepared, though again changed twice, or three times, can't clearly remember.(but strangely enough I took my sneakers...)
I made myself coffee and toast.  I did the makeup.
I though of maybe I should have re-done the German and French online lessons; but then I switched on the news.

A grey day like this often depressed people.  But a start-off day like this is another thing.
The metro 6 was so busy.  I did not miss line 14, which was so rapid and there were always seats; on contrary, I quietly laughed several times cuz it was so crowded, and I started to imaging every following day like this to begin my day.
I should have taken the bike.

My superviseur Alexa hadn't arrived as I stepped into the glamorous and smart reception.
I was not nervous at all; but I took some deep breathe.

We met, spitting out streams of French and laugh.  I knew I could handle all these, I knew as long as I knew, I could.
Alexa introduced me to everyone who was already at the office, which were not many of them.
It is a responsibility system, a plus.
Some lawyers were timid and pro.  But most of them were very welcoming.
Other law side interns asked me to join them for the lunch.  I was happy, more than happy.
There was a kitchen, where afterwards I took a coffee and fountain sparkling water.  But there were many other kitchenwares.  I definitely have to use it for lunch some other times.  In fact, if pass an working evening with it would be nice too.  Workaholic mode.

Then I met Diane, another intern in the same communication section.
She will stay till end of March, then I am on my own.
She taught me how to copy paste, which will be my task of the week.  How exciting.
It was an office that I like a lot.
Not the close and walled ones, though not the google or some SF start-up ones either.
I also have my huge desk and a personal Dell pc, like the one Ken had we we met in Taipei.
It took me a while to get used to the pc, but I like it already due to the huge screen.


It was estimated that I would finish the task by Friday; however, in order to attend the Statue ceremony on Friday at six o'clock in the morning, I think I will have it done by Wednesday.

We went together with Alexa and Diane for the lunch in a Lebanon restaurant.  It was my first time having a Lebanon meal; hell delicious.
The lunch went for like more than a hour.  Also they asked me to have ticket resto.  A ten-euro ticket resto will only reduce five euros on the salary.  Why hasn't anyone told me that?

And again I passed whole afternoon copy-pasting, hearing a colleague from another office monitoring a law tax negotiation.  Both Alexa's and her English were excellent, like even better than my international class classmates.

We stopped around six thirty, one hour more than my contract time.
But in fact they say I could have left earlier.

I went for a running.
And I biked from CDG etoile to home, up and down.  The breeze in Paris, the night, the time that has not encountered for a long long time.
At some moment, I thought it could never be more free than this.



An amount of imaginary pictures stroke on me today since the task today was machinery.
I finally kick off my career and can have free time doing my second or third passion aside.
Like lindy hop, like yoga, like jogging, like go sightseeing in the weekends....
Like I arrange my time to wake up at six, go sport, take shower, and go to work; after work I go to dancing club to learn lindy hop.  Like shooting a movie.
Am I being too romantic?

And I am still typing right now, hand shaking, as if the world vibrates it.

--
I've decided on a lot of things.
Like classical music and opera is one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film list 2019

What men want Aladdin X men Dark Phoenix Glass The Lion King Artemis Fowl Searching Gran torino Venom Aloha Bad Times at the E...